Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer Fun!

My kids had a blast this summer. Karl even made a comment that "they got to do a lot more this summer than last summer." I'm glad they did....here are some pictures from this Summer:
Kjell turned 3 years old and had a pirate theme party...can't seem to find any pictures (I think Sara has some cute ones so I will need to get some later to post)












Karl turned 13 years old...."ugh, I have a teenager". Karl's birthday present from us was a guitar. He is so excited to play the guitar...he plays this more than he plays his flute (he never touch his flute this Summer and now school is starting ...get practicing Karl; school starts tomorrow).

Matthew spent way too much as normal on fireworks for Fourth of July but the kids of course didn't mine. Kjell still hasn't got into the fireworks stuff. He spent most of the time on Matthew's lap or in the house.

They had fun at Flowing Lake. It was so cold but they want to play in it anyways.











They had lot of fun on the cousin's vacation at Camano Island. The vacation house we stay in had toy box filled with toy...Kjell found a pirate ship and dragged it all over that week. Grandma ended up buying it for him to take home because he loved it that much. This year the kids really got into making the cucumber boats they had sails and decorations. They came out really cute. Kjell was quit upset to find out that we were going to release these boat out in the water. So he ended up eating his instead after playing with it on the beach.

















Hopefully this picture hasn't been used yet. I was trying to find a picture that no one already used in there Blog. Every 5 years 3 sets of sisters that grew up together; get together and go on trip. This year the Twisted Sisters went to Disneyland. Yes, no kids. We had a blast being able to rides as much as we wanted too and not worrying about our kids. In 2015 were are planning to go to Hawaii. I'm so excited.
I also got on Matthew's motorcycle for the first time in the 14 years we have been married. We went on a little vacation down the Oregon's Coast. We had a lot fun and I learned that I do like riding with him on his motorcycle. It is so amazing what things you see and smell that you don't in a car. Can't wait to go for another ride.
All and all we had a fun Summer. Erik went to his first Cubscout Day Camp this Summer. He loved making the wood crafts and shooting. Karl went mutiple times on camping trips with the scouts and went to Fire Mountain Scout Camp for week. They both spent alot of nights at friends and cousins houses.
Too bad school is starting again....Erik was excited that school started today, though. I will post that later today after he gets home from School.

No comments: