Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wouldn't It Be Great To Be Eight Again

Today was special day for Erik. Erik turned 8 today and was baptized. It was amazing at all the people that came...most of it was family, but a couple of friends from the ward came to share this day with our family.

















Lucky for me, I wasn't asked to be a part of the program. Erik knew who he wanted to speak and what songs he wanted to sing. "I want my Auntie Sara to talk on the Holy Ghost and my Uncle Ben to talk on that other blessing, and I want Earl to say the prayer" What about Grandma?? **Long pause** Erik there are two prayers, "OK she can say the other one". Quickly, I said "works for me". His favorite songs are "I Am Child of God" and "When I Was Baptized" So his program came together quickly.






Erik was baptized on his birthday and at the Monroe Building. Just like Matthew and I were a long time ago. He will remember this for the rest of his life.


















Karl thought it would've been easier this time around because I had practice with him...but having your kids 5 years apart you forget a lot of things. It was also hard having Kjell there, he didn't want to sit still. For some reason, Erik at 3 sat a little better or I just didn't realize him running around has much at Karl's Baptism. (Sara just confirmed that Erik didn't run around)
Uncle Ben talked on Baptism and gave him a really cool white board to remind him when he make a sin, he can wash it away.

My Cousin Brett sang "Baptism" with his guitar which was absolutely beautiful.

Auntie Sara talked on the Holy Ghost and gave him a wind chime to remind him that we can't see the Holy Ghost, but like the wind but we know when He is there. At the end of her talk she told Erik that "he was her most bestest boy" and gave him hug...then Kjell ran up to get his. No, Auntie Sara...I'm not willing to give him up, but I don't mine sharing him once and awhile. For those who don't know Sara has all girls and I have only boys.

Matthew's confirmation blessing was very sweet... "That he was grateful for Erik's smile and the happiness he brings to our home." Was one of my favorite parts...He truly is a blessing to have in our home.

I still remember the day I was baptized...and getting a big birthday cake afterward. It was a really good birthday. And Yes, Erik got a big cake too.














All Erik wanted for his birthday was the Holy Ghost, $100 bill and smoothies...I took the cheaper route. But thanks to Grandma's Moore he got his $100 dollar bill.

It was very special day. I think it would be nice to be eight again.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Good to be there...although I totally understand if you never invite me and my brood anywhere again in our lives. Your niece was totally appalled at Jocelyn beating up on Kjell and Sara just explained to her that she's got older brothers and is used to running with a rougher crowd. ha ha ha. But really. Sorry we distracted from a great baptismal service.

Sherrie said...

Hmmm Sara said no he didn't run around? Sounds like this was written at work. LOL It was wonderful, I love that boy so much.