Erik's Minecraft Party was a huge success last Saturday. I bought printable files for the invites, bottle water potion wraps and chocolate bar wrapper on Etsy. We used powder drink packets to make are potions, but they were to strong for the bottle size I chose...it would be better to use MiO Liquid Water Enhancer, but I thought of the idea at the last minute. I couldn't find green square plates so I put the pig from Minecraft on the cake plates. Made a Ghast for the pinata, which I don't really know what it really looks like because I just learning about the game. The goody bags had Coal (Santa's Coal Gum), TNT (Lifesavers), Lava (soft fireball balls), a copy of the Minecraft Periodic Table, a Torch (light stick...a flash light would be cute) and they got the creepers t-shirts that I made. Erik is playing the part of Steve, he was even walking around the house like him. In this picture he said "he licking Creeper juice off his sword ".
I saw this on Pinterest. I think most people would just make would just make one for the Birthday's Boy/Girl, but not me; I made 20 of them...everyone was so excited to get one so I'm happy I did.
I was really excited that we were going to have warm weather for Erik's Birthday Party now living in Houston but that was not the case, it started to rain so I quickly brought it back inside. Karl was mad at me because I kept changing where I wanted it on the tree outside . After he spent so much time hanging it up, it had to come inside. We had to have in the Dining room, because the ceiling in Living Room is too high. It was a good thing I made it a pull pinata just in case.It went faster then I would of like...Juno, who was 3rd found it but they were happy with all the candy and toys inside so they didn't care.
Couple of games we play were "Digging For Diamond and Gold". I rolled Blue Raspberry Ring Pops and Hersey Chocolate Nuggets in saran wrap and tape into a big ball. They had to get the candy out by unrolling or removing the tape, as soon as they got a "Diamond" they had to pass it to the next person. Next game we played was "Kill The Spider" We put toy plastic spiders in black balloons and they had to pop the balloon to get the spiders out. Last game was "Hot Lava" like "Hot Potato & Musical Chairs", I was just going to have the kids pass around one of the flame ball that I got for the goody bag but Erik said that " they would burn themselves" so we used small buckets because we don't want them to get burned :) . You had to pour the lava balls from bucket to another and when the song stop the person holding the lava was out. I found a Minecraft You Tube Playlist that we used throughout the party for games and party music, which the kids loved. Erik and Kjell were singing the songs...the watch too much You Tube.
My sister Teri Jo, made the "Minecraft Cake" which the boys were so impress that we had a cake that look like the one in the game. One of the boys at the party told his little brother when they came to pick him up;"They had a real Minecraft Cake...it was so awesome!" Erik was very happy with all his presents.
I made the pick ax & sword from a photocopy and glued it onto cardboard. Those were time consuming so I end up only making one set for Erik. Kjelly was so upset that he didn't get one so I just finished making one for him. Erik LOVED his party and everyone had a blast ....that is all a Mother could ask for.









2 comments:
Another masterstroke from the mind of Jeri! You really do go all out. Sorry I wasn't around to help with the folding and gluing! :)
(I can't believe little Erik is 11!)
Wow wow wow!!! You're incredible. I must admit that the pick ax and sword made my eyes hurt. I'm glad you didn't do 20x2 of that pattern!
Happy Birthday Erik!
Post a Comment