A week before the dance, Anna and I went to a friend's house to have her try on some formal dresses for her to borrow. You know you can't where the same dress twice, but no one notices if someone else is wearing the same dress that you wore last year. I enjoyed watching her try on 7 dresses...2 1/2 hours later.We didn't realize we took that long. She decided on a beautiful teal with sparkles. Later that week we got to go shopping for shoes. She wore black stain shoes with a not on the top. They were also beautiful... the pictures don't do them justice.
It was funny when she called me from the Nail Salon asking what color of OPI nail polish was in our bathroom at home.... she thought I was pulling her chain when I said "I'm not really a Waitress"...I had to tell her to look on the bottom I really was not lying.
We started around 4:30pm with her putting on her makeup and me curling her hair. I curled her hair for about 1 1/2 hours...of course it didn't last. Even with lots and lots of hair spray. Marie another exchange student from Norway came to our house to get ready for the dance. We got corsages for the girls. Anna told me that Marie had a green dress...it was so brown and none of them would be wearing white accessories. The corsage didn't match Marie's dress at all ,but I think she was so excited to have one it didn't matter what color it was. Kyle a friend help us pull this off...he is the good looking guy in the picture below. He agree to take these two beautiful girls and I didn't even have to twist his arm....
A day before the dance Andre another exchange student wanted to come too so he joined the group.
They all looked fabulous. Andre (from Brazil) didn't make it for photos so Kjell filled in for him. Andre met them at the restaurant. They went to a little fish restaurant called Sockeye in Monroe. Anna loves fish ,but we don't have it often at home. I asked Anna how the dance was. She answer it was funny....I had to correct her that she had fun. She still think that funny and fun are the same thing. She dance with Horhay another exchange student most of night...he was quite the ladies man...well that what he thinks...plus he didn't want anyone to see him as wall flower. I asked Kyle if he even got the chance to dance with her, but he said they all the other guy exchange students hung on her most of the night. Do you blame them?
Here are some of the pictures:

No comments:
Post a Comment