Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It was so hot...we Boyled!

It is amazing how fast this Summer is going...only a couple of weeks and it back to school time. We had a very busy month in July. With Matthew's Union Picnic (he is the ice cream guy....I'm always surprise that he has enough for the kids...you know what I mean), me flying down to California twice to have my teeth worked on (which I think was so worth it, Thanks, Doug!!) and going to our family reunion in Utah the month went so quickly it's hard to remember all that we did.

It was very hot July in Washington, 27 days of no rain...we were in Utah when it was really hot here. But it so different here then in Utah. In Utah it is so dry it's almost hateful. And the nights don't get cooler like they do here.

The Boyle Family Reunion (Grateful Dead Tour 2009) it was great to see all of Matthew's Relatives from his Mother's side. We did a lot of fun things together. The Spruces were gorgeous especially when coming down the mountains and it was much cooler up there then down in Salt Lake City. Sorry I didn't have my camera so I don't have pictures.
I think though my kids had fun and they love going on vacations. I really enjoyed going to the museums, especially the Daughters of the Utah Pioneer. The quilts, samplers, the artwork made of their hair, and wagons that came across the Plains they were amazing to see. Also I enjoyed taking them to Temple Square on are last day we were there. Here are some pictures from Temple Square:
















We also went to "This is the Place", which I had never been to before. It was really neat to see.













It was great to come home. Home Sweet, Home! Nice to sleep in my own bed, eating a home cook meal(we did have a couple real "Good Eats"...I think it is called the Garden Room, it was sooo good in Joseph Smith Building), be able to relax in your own home and it so much cooler here in Washington... we don't have to Boyle.


4 comments:

Double D said...

I'm so happy that your trip was so great. We loved visiting with you! Tell the guys hello! love ya

Bridget said...

I didn't realize you were gone so much! I'm glad you had a great time and seeing Karl's pants doesn't give me much hope for my own boys...I just cut off all their pants with holes in the knees. And I'm talking like 8 pair of pants. I was hoping that when they got older it'd take more than a few weeks to put a hole in a pair of jeans. But maybe Karl had his all school year so it's possible there is hope.

Jeri said...

Sorry to say Bridget...I still have to buy in jeans through out the School Year and Summer. I was hoping the same thing that my other boys wear them later, nope!

April said...

Your pictures look great. I love the pictures you took at temple square. I also think it is cool that you could go down to have Doug work on your teeth. A great excuse to see friends.
We miss you guys. Hope all is well.