Tuesday, November 4, 2008

13 years & Moore to come

Can you believe it? I have been married to Matthew for 13 years today. I couldn't ask for anything moore. I love my husband and I'm so happy that he feels the same about me. My kids always ask when did we meet...so I thought that I should write it down so they have something to tell their kids. I was on date with someone else when I met Matthew. We were a Young Single Adult Dance in the Lake Stevens Building and I wasn't having much fun on my date. Some great music came on that I have never heard before so I asked my friend Bruce the DJ where this music came from. He told me that Matthew brought it back from his mission in Sweden.

and that's it folks! the rest is history!!!!!11!!! (Actually, there's moore... keep reading;) )

We started talking about it and it all went down from there, I was a brazen hussie and I swooped in and sunk my teeth in him (literally? you figure it out) After that we hit it off, he asked me out, or did I ask him? I was a brazen hussie after all. We were engaged a couple of weeks later... despite the fact that my mother in law to be erased phone messages that I sent Matthew and the fact that every time Matthew mentioned my name, both Sherrie and Sara looked as though they had a bad taste in their mouth. I mean come on! A Countryman???? Seriously, what was he thinking?

So we were at the Moore's house and Matthew pulled me into the bathroom there. The Gold Bathroom to be exact and he proposed. He had to do it in there because Sherrie and Sara were too nosy and followed us around everywhere else. I of course said YES!! because after all, three weeks and we knew each other in and out and knew we were perfect for each other. *sigh* (I know you're all sighing with me)

So we initially had our wedding date set for May 5, 1995 but since I didn't graduate until June and I didn't meet him until that month :( I highly doubt I could have pulled that date off. So we had a date set and I didn't like it and we kept upping the date until we came upon November 4, 1995.

13 long long long long long long long years later... we're still kicking! (and of course, way happy. I mean it. We're happy. Don't you believe me? WE'RE HAPPY. REALLY. HAPPY, REALLY REALLY HAPPY.) We're so happy that for our anniversary, Matthew is getting a Harley. Happy. Very happy.

5 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

Congratulations! I met my Matthew at a dance too! Must be meant to be! Can't believe you guys have been together for 13 years! You go!

Bridget said...

Uh...I don't think I ever heard this story. I think I came home from Russia and we went to Gasworks for the 4th of July and you told us about him. And my sister and I were astonished...I mean this is the guy who came to our house for a party and stayed in the kitchen with my parents talking about how cool Rush Limbaugh was. ha ha ha. Those were good times.

Congratulations! So, he gets a Harley and you forgot to mention what you're getting...

Jeri said...

Did my blog sound like something I would write? Sara went in and finished writting my blog for me...Happy, Real Happy. Love ya, Sara! (Thanks for fixing it)

We are going to Disneyland for my present. The trip is secret for my boys..so don't mention it, please.

I promise Matthew if we could move to Monroe and if he would go back to work uptown(hard work in Union). We would look at getting a Harley...to much of my surprise he went and prequailfied before he asked me if he could buy it. Of course I said "Yes" when he showed up at work to ask me. He knows me to well, it hard for me to say no in person. 13 Years and I still cave in when he ask me for something.

Sara said...

OK, Ok, so I got a little carried away... But! In my defense... that is the story on our end... ;)

carlen said...

sweet story! you two really are well matched . . . we feel it when we're around you guys . . . which has been too long ago. congrats on the harley!!! woohoo! are you going to get leathers and ride along too??? CONGRATULATIONS!